I was the Project Director responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of a 30-year development strategy for the city of Almaty. Core tasks completed included:
- Publishing ‘Almaty 2050’ outlining the vision and development objectives for the city and the adjacent territories;
- Agreed on the macro-level economic strategy, identifying target economic drivers to attract and retain talent and investment;
- Established a new poly-centric spatial strategy for the city centred on international best practice Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) principles
- Directed the development of a comprehensive integrated city and regional transit strategy aligned to the existing population and proposed special development zones; and
- Drafted urban policy guidance relating to governance, and urban management.
The work has been presented at the World Bank-sponsored Regeneration Summit in Tokyo, Japan on urban transformation.